Daisy Hill is a beautiful, riverside self-catering holiday cottage, located in Lynmouth, a picturesque harbour village on the stunning North Devon coast. Lynmouth is surrounded by the Watersmeet National Trust Property and lies within Exmoor National Park.
Daisy Hill Cottage
Daisy Hill is a two bedroomed cottage, which sleeps up to four plus a baby in a cot. It was built in 1895, is situated on the bank of the East Lyn River. The river flows through a dramatic tree lined gorge which, further up river, passes through the Watersmeet estate, a National Trust Property with tea gardens and shop. Daisy Hill forms part of a terrace of six cottages in a very quiet area.
The Cottage has a small front garden with level access to the living room at the front and the kitchen / dining room at the rear. The kitchen offers access to a small private courtyard with an area suitable for alfresco dining or just simply relaxing.
The two bedrooms, and a cloakroom with toilet, are located on the first floor.
The accommodation is completed by ascending a further flight of stairs to the second floor, which will bring you into the bathroom.
The Living Room
The living room comprises sofas arranged around a log fire, a colour television with DVD player, a music system and a phone suitable for outgoing and incoming calls. Please note there is no mobile phone signal in the cottage.
The Kitchen / Dining Room
The Kitchen / Dining Room comprises dishwasher, clothes washer-dryer, traditional style electric range hob and oven, microwave, fridge, freezer, and seating for four as well as all the other utensils one would expect in a property of this size.
The Principal Room is a wonderful room (originally two rooms) with a King sized bed, antique bureau, and a lovely double aspect view of the river to the front. The rear bedroom is beautifully decorated and has two single 3 foot beds (which can be put closer together if required).
The bathroom consists of a bath with over bath shower and screen, toilet and hand basin. The room is flooded with light by two large sky light windows which also offer views to the surrounding hillside.
- For the comfort of all our guests, Daisy Hill is strictly no-smoking.
- As dog owners ourselves we understand the pleasure and the responsibilities of having our walking companion on holiday with us. Therefore we are pleased to welcome other responsible owners and their well behaved dog to the property. There is no charge for this.
- The property is equipped to a high specification with all the usual items that you would expect (and some that you wouldn't!).
- The cottage is heated by oil fired central heating with radiators in all rooms and a log fire in the living room. Items for the log fire will be provided in the winter months (October to March). Outside of this period items can be purchased from nearby shops.
- All oil and electric costs are included within the letting price of the property.
- All bed linen and soft towels are provided and the cost of this is included within the letting price of the property.
- A travel cot and associated linen is available on request at no extra cost.
- Wi-Fi Broadband Internet is available free of charge for those bringing their own devices.
It's an ideal base for either an energetic or relaxing break.
Site by: JPC-DESIGN
Email Daisyhill • 01737 355984